I am bit late in posting this, but it is better now than not at all. Available for download is the portable version of PDF X-RAY. This virtual machine is less than 2Gb making it pretty easy to transfer around between setups and host on a local commodity virtual server.
Virtual Machine details:
- Created using Fusion 4, so it is the latest and greatest versions
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with all updates (no backports)
- Able to run PDF X-RAY through Django server or Apache (already configured)
- Should be a plug-and-play setup
- VMware Tools installed
- Throwing in more processors would help
- The more RAM the better
- Disk storage should be sufficient, but you may want to hotlink the “uploads” directory to an external storage
Usernames and passwords are uniform across the entire installation, so it is best to change these to avoid running into trouble later on. These details are included in the virtual machine notes, but just in case:
- Username – xray
- Password – b3tt3rTHANp@ssw0rd
That should be it! If there are any issues or problems then shoot me an email and I will push out a new version with changes.